The device is intended for multiple clinical use cases, including measuring bladder volume and for assessing heart failure patients, or, as can be seen from the picture below, checking for pleural effusion or pneumothorax. Though it has not yet been evaluated for use during transport, it should be useful for clinicians working in the field, including for military medics and physicians supporting professional sporting events.
- Tap and swipe app functionality works exactly like your smartphone
- Includes revolutionary dual probe technology, with a linear and sector transducer in one probe
- Broad-bandwidth phased array side: 1.7-3.8Mhz
- Broad-bandwidth linear array side: 3.3-8.0 MHz
- DICOM Modality Worklist and PACS Compatibility
- Image storage and data transfer is a breeze to connect to your PACS system
- Large 5″ screen is about the size of your smartphone
- Lung Protocol and Bladder Volume apps available
- Wide range of clinical applications such as Cardiac, Abdominal, OB, Aorta, Cranial, Lungs, Vascular, Soft Tissue and more
- Reimbursable with a wide range of CPT codes
- Can be used by cardiologists, general practitioners, OB/GYN, primary care emergency physicians and intensivists in a wide range of settings
- Helps to speed up your workflow with immediate access to critical decision making technology
Vscan Extend™ offers an intuitive touch screen and weighs just 406 grams. Building on the success of GE Healthcare’s previous pocket-sized ultrasounds, the Vscan Extend™ offers smooth integration with hospitals’ DICOM systems4 to complement existing documentation and reporting solutions along with cloud-based image storage and communication5. Vscan Extend™ is GE Healthcare’s first ultrasound system to leverage the GE Marketplace that offers applications with a range of capabilities, such as assessing heart failure patients, measuring bladder volume, and offering cloud-based image communication. Vscan Extend™ comes with high level data security standards ensuring encrypted data both at rest and on the move.